It’s that time of year, in many parts of the world, where kids and some parents are headed back to school! Carefree summer days are being traded in for early mornings, days in a classroom and getting back on a schedule. Essential Oils can help. If you are feeling overwhelmed by this transition and worried about the changes to health that may be prompted by these changes, we have some great tools of support for you! Essential oils can play a large role in helping everyone feel their best as they start a new year of school!
Here is a list of my favorite Back to School Essential Oils and how they help support your body best:
- Onguard — It is an essential oil blend, exclusively found through doTERRA, is a must have! It protects against environmental threats, supports healthy immune function and supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses. The great thing about this product, also, is that it comes in a variety of products to help give you optimum support.
- Onguard Toothpaste (a family favorite).
- Onguard Cleaner
- Onguard Protecting Throat Drops
- Onguard Beadlets
- Onguard Foaming Hand Wash
- Lemon — This is an essential oil that is great all year round, but especially nice to have on hand when sending the kids back to school. This is a great oil to take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort. It can also be used in spray bottle of water to clean tables, counter tops, and other surfaces.
- Peppermint — Peppermint is a simple oil that has so many great uses. It can be used first thing in the morning to help you wake up and give you a boost! It is great for helping you to focus while also great for giving digestive support. It can be used in shampoo for an invigorating scalp massage. It also will help keep airways open and clear. It also comes in little beadlets which are great for kids to take to school or having this on hand in a roller bottle.
- Wild Orange — Not only does this essential oil smell amazing, but during colder temperatures, you can take one to two drops of Wild Orange in a capsule to support a healthy immune system. It is also energizing and revitalizing. Mixed with peppermint, its a great way to feel awake and ready for the day!
- Frankincense — It can be applied to the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood. It can also be used to support healthy cellular function.
Ways to Use these Essential Oils
These essential oils can be used and applied in a multiple of ways. Rub them on the bottom of your feet. Take them in a capsule with water or a few of them are very good to be added as a few drops to your drinking water. I’ve put together a handy Diffuser Recipe sheet for you with different blends. I love using these essential oils in my diffuser.
If you are new to essential oils or interested in getting started: